Welcome to our website !

F.I.F

Fashion Interiors Food - Follow for Follow Back

Career Crisis

By 16:37 , , , , , , ,

Hi Everyone and welcome to F.I.F. I'm your host Courtnie....

Anyway this post I hope is something that's relevant to a few of you out there, that's if anyone is actually reading this.

Ever since I was little I have gone through a crisis every year where I didn't know what I wanted to be and so I changed my career options every year. I would always have this panic about what I wanted to do, I just knew I wanted to be super successful and make loads of money. Over the years I wanted to be a singer, dancer, actor, athlete, film director, music director, script writer etc. The list is endless. The only reason I decided to study public relations is because my A-Level media teacher suggested it and I did some research, done a couple of placements and thought hmm I could do that.

But its that time of year again and I am questioning what I want to do with my future. In no world would I drop out of uni and its a little too late for me to change course but I do question whether a job in the PR world is for me. Don't get me wrong I have been loving my placement and the experiences and skills I have been available to develop because of it but do I see myself doing this everyday for the next 40-60 years of my life. I don't think I personally a massive fan of desk jobs, but that is mostly because I'm really lanky and my legs get cramped from sitting down for the majority of the day.

I think I would like to get into Fashion shoot and runway production. That way I can still use my PR skills, work in an industry I enjoy, I would have something new to do everyday and I can use my organisation to its fullest potential.



Even though I have this career meltdown once or twice every year, I know I don't really have to worry...yet. I think one of the reasons I get so scared is because when I was younger it was always drummed into me to work hard to get the grades to go to university, to get a job, to work my way up the career ladder. Now that I think about it, that path isn't for everyone, and maybe instead of shooting up the career ladder I can zig zag my way through so I can gain more experiences and find what it really is I love. I would love for my passion to also be the same thing that makes me money...too bad I'm not Beyonce.

Maybe it's time I took the advice I give to my friends and apply it to myself. Your 20's are your selfish years. so be selfish and focus on you. Find what you like and dislike. Make friends and travel the world. You have your whole life ahead of you...Okay so soppy moment over, but I think if I do follow that mantra then I can dismiss my five year and ten year plan and instead just see where I land and be all the more happier for it.

Let me know if you've ever felt the same.

For now Adios...but don't be a stranger.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I can totally relate! I've always been questioning what I wanted to do in what seems like every step I take and sometimes I think it helps when you realise there's no set path to get to your dream job -- especially if your interests are ever changing, and they will as you grow as a person! Really great post :)

    Owning Your Okayness

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can completely relate to this, i'm 20 and still not a clue what to do, its so frustrating sometimes, huh? I think we would all love to be successful but sometimes its a confusing path to get there. Dont worry ,there are many more of us that feel the same way, we will all get there someday!
    Jessica x
    Jembubble

    ReplyDelete