Welcome to our website !

F.I.F

Fashion Interiors Food - Follow for Follow Back

Fattie, Foody...Its all good

By 09:27 , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Hello guys so its been awhile, once again. But what can I say weekends are meant for sleeping, even if I am trying break that habit...

Last week I was an absolute fatty, which goes against everything I am doing as a part of my get fit motive for the new year but I believe I have some genuine excuses. And to be fair I did work of most of them calories I gained on my Saturday kickboxing session.

My biggest food sins last week were eating out for dinner two days in a row and excessive drinking. The first instance was for one of my friend's 22nd birthday. Which meant eating and drinking had to be enjoyed otherwise it could not be considered a celebration. Anyway we ended up going to a fried chicken restaurant in Hoxton called Bird. Never did I ever think a place like this existed, but boy was I glad it did. Like any sane person I love me some fried chicken, but like an insane person I had yet to enjoy the simplicity of chicken waffles. Bird, whose specialty is the waffle and chicken combo made perfect sense to pop that cherry. And as is my saying in life, I chose to go hard rather then go home and feast on the magnificent waffle and chicken burger.


I can't take props for this photo as this has been taken from the @bird_restaurant Instagram feed, But if you want heaven and a heart attack in one plate look no further. Consisting of boneless thighs, thick cut bacon, American cheese, crispy shallots, hot sauce and Canadian maple syrup sandwiched between two cheddar and onion waffles. Whilst my best friend is away I may try and replace her with food...who knows.

After completing the majority of this monstrous burger we then went on to Forge and Co members club. Super cool venue with a chill ambiance and DJ. 

Drink total with this meal: 4
1 beer, 3 glasses of white wine and one shot of tequila

Overall an awesome dining experience and I would definitely recommend to try.

Friday...another night out on the town. Not really. My mother and I decided to go out for dinner at London Southbank. We weren't sure where we wanted to go but my mum was feeling Mexican so we decided to go to the South American restaurant chain Las Iguanas. I had been to Las Iguanas before during happy hour to get drunk off cocktails but I had never eaten there before. We got to the restaurant in time just before happy hour was over and got two Long Island Ice Tea's, my favourite kind of tea.


Instead of ordering a set meal we decided to go for a selection of tapas which included Gambas; Butterfly cooked prawns cooked in garlic lime and chilli. Pato Taquito; Rich shreds of roast duck & caramelised onion rolled in a flour tortilla & char-grilled, with a spicy cranberry salsa. Albondigas; Patagonian style lamb meatballs with apple, mint, parmesan & a pinch of nutmeg. Braised in a rich tomato, mint & mild chilli sauce. All with a side of sweet potato chips and a pitcher of Long Island Tea. The service was really good and the staff were super friendly. The food came so quickly which was a bonus as I was huuuuungry. My favourite tapas of the night was definitely the Albondigas which were so good we ordered a second serving.

Ranking of the the tapas in order of best to worst (not that there was anything wrong with them) 1. Albondigas 2.Gambas 3. Sweet Potato Chips 4. Pato Taquito. I know the chips weren't apart of the tapas but I still preferred them over the duck option. I think I'm just not a fan of duck, but that menu is all to blame. Made them sound so damn delicious.

Drink total with meal;
6 glasses of Long Island Ice Tea (approximately)

Nice restaurant and all but next time I'm in Southbank I'm likely to try something a little different.

Once again thanks for reading and I will update soon

(please note, none of the images in this blog post belong to me)

Despedida!!!!



You Might Also Like

0 comments